Some Real Crazy Blogging!!!

21 January, 2010

Travel Bag Contains

After a few travels, thanks to Nirvana, the company which pays me, I have come up with several DOs and DONTs when it comes to what (not) to carry when you are traveling. The list is composed, by and for me, but might come in handy, if you are like me, like a Desi!

So, bhaiyon and behno, here it is:


DOs:
  • Buy a really good quality Winter Jacket. This comes in handy when you are on the flight; it might get really chilly. I used to be brave and didn't use to carry one, until I was on the ariport grounds at Paris, where I was transiting, and had to walk several meters at -7degrees.
  • Buy a leather pouch for your passport. Always keep this in the Winter Jacket, you just bought. This will surely, help you to not lose your passport at the innumerable security Checks.
  • Buy an Universal Adapter, so that you can stay connected to your IPOD, no matter where you go.
  • Being a desi, it never hurts to carry - Peanuts, Pickle, Papad, Soups, Upma Mix, and Maggi Noodles. Use the above only as side items, and do not survive on "Maggi", please.
  • Carry a medicine pouch, along with a prescription. May you never use it, but always does helps.
  • Carry a pair of slippers. Walking to the breakfast table, in shorts and formal shoes, don't match up!
  • Buy a 25ft (7.6m approx) long ehternet cable. This cable is to connect your laptop to the wall socket, located several meters away. Chatting with friends, never felt better when you are still, on the bed.
  • Load your laptop with a lot of Hindi Movies and Songs. I was never a big fan, but when you are on a trip for several days, these movies and songs, make you feel at home. This is the first thing I do, before I even install all my softwares.
  • Carry a big empty back pack in your check-in baggage. This ensures that, if you get on a shopping spree, it will carry the stuff for you, without having you to buy a new bag.
  • Wear loose clothing, while traveling on the plane. If you are comfortable in your jogging track-suit, go for it! Doesn't matter. I met this guy in his 3/4ths and a loose t-shirt wearing slippers.
  • The most important of all - 7 underpants and socks! They smell!
DONTs:
  • MTR, Aashirwaad Ready to Eats taste really bad, they are pathetic. Never carried them after my first trip. Instead buy milk, juice, bread and chocolate, after reaching your destination.
  • Never Carry Oil/Butter/Ghee or any semi-liquid stuff for that matter. It will spill, and will be a nightmare, when you could smell the Desi Ghee on each of your shirts! Happened with one of my colleague though.
  • Never carry TOWELS. There are plently out there in any hotel room, where you stay!

I am halfway, and still want to enhance this post, but its time for my office, so I'd better leave! You could always.... bbye tc gn sd.

1 comment:

Rambler said...

True comment about MTR. It should be eaten only when you are stranded on a deserted island with no McD around. Or perhaps not even then. I have 2-3 packets of MTR and other ready to eat stuff and havent even opened them!