Some Real Crazy Blogging!!!

24 November, 2009

Re-living good old days!

Well, folks! Just yesterday, I took a vacation of 10 days from the IT life... so... Hooray! However, with no outing plans, am back to the city of Mumbai! So, am experimenting a bit, and would like to live, as I used to... 3.5 years back!!!

This experiment, lasts until Thursday, December 3, which marks the end of my vacation era! Why Dec 3? Well, its a honor to re-join your office on a Friday!

The experiment includes cutting down on many things:
  • Cutting down on the use of internet!!! Damn! Believe me, the most difficult part! Used to work with DIAL-UP of MTNL - 56kbps and was patient enough for web to respond! This means:
- No logging into facebook (Today was Day no. 1, and I failed. But I just went there to post my experiment status on my activity :) Ok, no excuses! No facebook from now on).
- No blog hovering (God, please please please help me).
- No facebook (I left Orkutting ages ago; Twits don't interest me)
- No commenting on any of the forums.
  • No TV at all, and no sleeping in the afternoons. It is only later, that I started to doze off, in the afternoon.
  • Cooking (Not that I used to do it that frequently 3.5years back, but hey, should have something to do atleast). Girls, yes, I can cook! And I can cook, really well.
  • Wise spending on food. That means Cutting down on Restaurants, and thriving on roadside food. And believe me, I am loving it. Mangesh Vada Paav, Aarey Lassi, Shri Raam Snacks, Chaar raste ka patis paav, Naarayan ka sev-puri; the list is endless.
  • Just read something physical (news paper, book, etc) until the clock strikes 17:00 hrs, look at my mom, smile, and run out of my house to wander somewhere... Yeah! 17:00-19:30hrs, that's the time, I am waiting for while I write this post.
  • Hmm... Studying, while we used to do it in our PL (Preparatory leave) days... can't do this, can we, after 3.5 long years?
  • Poinsur Gymkhana - The best hangout place during the 4 years of engineering. Have to get my Table Tennis bat out of the rugs. Yeah, its really lying there. And I just met my (our) MENTOR there today. Need to defeat him, now that he's 68!!!
  • Sit on my computer (located in the hall), with headphones in my ears! But my mom, has lately stopped watching all those K-Serials!
  • Re-live those days, when I used to write my thoughts/experiences NOT on a blog, but on a notebook, with a pencil! And draw cartoons, that should come naturally; after all, am practicing it in all the boring meetings, from last 3 years :)
  • Meet/Talk_to many old friends.
  • Watching movies, should be on the list. But cannot do it, with not many friends around.
Will I be able to do it? Hmm... that's why i call it an experiment, of Re-Living Good Old Days!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Best of luck dude !! I hope you could include a treks since that would be the best way to be out of the things you mentioned you didnt want to do !! Akky is in mumbai ..hehe

Akshay Surve said...

Not surprised to receive a call from you ;)

Unknown said...

good things on list :) Just want to know if your Mom has stopped watching K-Serials, then wat she is actually wating on TV?

Megha said...

I can vouch for your cooking skills! :P