Some Real Crazy Blogging!!!

20 August, 2008

About the Business Plan....

I am a big follower of Scott (of Dilbert fame), when it comes to the corporate reality!
Here is his definition about the Business Plan -

"
Somewhere in between the hallucinations of senior management and cold market reality, there is a concept of creating something called Business Plan.

Following are the steps of Execution when it comes to create/maintain a business plan -
1. Gather Information.
2. Forget It.

"

How true!
I remember my first business trip wherein I was asked if I had come with a business plan! Its absence caused a lot of escalations, and I spent about a few hours wasting to prepare this celestial thing!

But after we prepared a big-bang plan theory, and delivered it to the higher management with "Business Plan" in the subject line of the e-mail, everything and everyone calmed down. I was just moving my mails to backup, when I suddenly realized that THERE WAS NO ATTACHMENT in this mail.

I was just a beginner then, now I know it takes a while for people to learn! I know now how to create Business Plans in a jiffy!

No comments: