Some Real Crazy Blogging!!!

16 May, 2010

Its a ladder!

I’ve realized a few things:

· Life is Great.

· God is Great.

· Nothing is as consistent as change and transformation.

There was a time, when we spent Rs. 2 per day (Re. 1 on both sides, by bus). Then, we spent a couple of bucks, every Thursday for Puja Malai Gola. Every Saturday, got us a slice of Monginis Slice Cake (Worth Rs. 3/-), and banana wafers for the half day at school.

Then, we bought MTNL telephone. And then a brand new Television. How can I even forget the AKAI Music Cassete Player! Then a high class bulky VCD Player. Then a washing machine. And Bengali Sweets everytime, our results arrived. And a hit movie together for the family every 5-6months! All in all, a happy family of 4, enjoying life as it comes.

Then something happened. Threatened, as we were, we kept together. I managed to get a job, and we took off yet again. We got our house renovated, our furniture in place, a nice marble temple, a nice furnished bedroom; an Air Conditioner; nice flooring. Laptop and Digital camera soon followed. So did 5-6 mobile phones, 2 bikes, a bigger television, a new showcase, and a few negligible things not worth mentioning today (auto travels only, Twice a week @ Puja Malai Gola, Sweets and Cakes all around, New phones, etc).

The whole point is, it has been like a perfect ladder, the climbing one. You still remember where you came from, how you rose, and where you stand today. This amazes me, when I connect the previous dots of my life, looking back. And so, I still wish to be the same person, who existed in the childhood, aka so called “down to earth” person, always ready to live/survive as we did a few years back! I always fear to fall down the ladder, and lose it all. Well, let it come some day, but that day is not today! What the heck, I fly Kingfisher today!!!

P.S.: The Kingfisher experience somehow completes and complements my last 12 international travels. There is a definite adrenaline rush I am feeling, while entering the Kingfisher aircraft!

P.S.2: A few hormonal imbalances, are making me write sentimental posts. I’ll very soon be back to being myself!

1 comment:

Akshay Surve said...

Manav, you are right it's a ladder and every step you take from here on you should say the following:

I am not looking back in fear but in confidence that no matter what happens with my next step; even if I have to start again from the ground up I can reach to this level on my own.

I am not looking back to look down upon my past but to cherish it and the experiences which make me who I am today.

I am not looking back to measure how far I have climbed this ladder but to identify with my core values which have brought me this far and would help me scale newer heights.

I am not looking back but I am just seeing how the dots connect on their own.